Stay Warm + Healthy : Cardamom + Honey Milk
Stay warm and healthy during the winter months with this nourishing warm cup of goodness. It's so easy!
The benefits of detoxifying cardamom are many.
Rich in fiber, cardamom promotes healthy digestion combating acidity, bloating, gas. nausea and heartburn to name a few. Its antioxidant properties help the body eliminate waste such as salt, excess water and toxins through the kidneys, also cleaning the urinary tract and bladder. Containing many vitamins, phytonutrients and essentials oils, cardamom inhibits the growth of pathogens which cause viruses, bacteria, fungus, and mold and cleans up free radicals to help resist cellular aging. A close relative of ginger ~ another favorite, cardamom supports healthy bronchial tract and relieves coughing. All of this from a spice! Did I mention it's an aphrodisiac?
- 2 c milk ~ your choice (almond, hemp, coconut, raw goat’s milk etc.)
- 8 green cardamom pods, use about½ t of brown seeds inside pods.
- Powder spice is good too - just use a bit less.
- 3 ts honey ~ local raw best
- 1 ts vanilla extract optional
- Combine milk + cardamom in a small pot and heat until just warm.
- Remove from heat, stir in the honey.
- Let steep 5 min. (if using powder spice, ok to skip the steep)
- Add vanilla if desired. If you want milk hot, rather than warm, you can reheat at this point.. Then pour through a small fine sieve into two cups. Serve right away.