Carrot Ginger Coconut Soup - Super Easy
1 T coconut oil
1 small yellow onion, diced ~1c
Carrots approx. 16oz
2 T fresh ginger chopped
1 t Celtic sea salt
Vegetable broth ( recipe below) or low sodium 32 oz
1. Heat coconut oil in saucepan or Dutch oven. Add the onion and sauté until translucent ~4min.
2. Add carrots, ginger, salt, and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 - 20 min; until the carrots are fork-tender.
3. Puree on blender or with immersion blender to desired consistency.
4. Serve in bowl with a dollop of coconut milk.
Choose your vegetables and herbs based on what is fresh and available or simply use leftover trimmings from other meals.
Some ideas...onions, celery, carrots, garlic, green onion, parsley, thyme, bay leaves, mushroom, eggplant, basil, asparagus (butt ends), corn cobs, fennel (stalks and trimmings), bell peppers, pea pods, chard (stems and leaves), celery root parings, marjoram (stems and leaves), etc...
1.Chop scrubbed vegetables into 1" pieces.
2. Heat coconut oil in dutch oven and add vegetable and herbs. Cook Veggies 5-10 min.
3. Add water and bring to boil. Lower to medium heat and simmer about 30 min. Compost veggies and use stock for soup. No need to clean pan before making soup.